5 top tips for the perfect graduation cut
Graduation is a great way to add interest to a haircut, especially shorter styles, because the variance in weight can be used to create cool shapes and accents. Andrew Carruthers, Education Director for Sam Villa, says there are 5 things to think about in order to execute graduation correctly.
Five Tips for Getting Graduation Right
1. Work with the head-shape! Create cutting lines that curve with the natural head shape for a softer more balanced effect versus straight hard lines.
2. Use a higher elevation and finger angle/cutting line to develop a leaner graduation that works well for super short haircuts.
3. Choose a lower elevation to maintain more weight.
4. Take more vertical sections for lean graduation, horizontal sections for low and heavy graduation, or diagonal sections when attempting to build weight in a certain direction.
5. Razors and graduation play well together because razors create a more lived-in edge and it's easier to create a curved cutting line.
“Graduation can be worked into longer cuts too, the results are just a bit more diffused,” says Andrew.
Hair: Sam Villa Art Team
Photo: Katie Parker
Make-up: Nicole Schimel
Wardrobe: Brittany Hart
Posted on 11.02.2019
International Hairdressing Awards 2020 machine goes at full speed, announcing the five names that will make up the professional jury for their second edition, that will take place on February 16th 2020 in Madrid with a glittering show and awards ceremony.
The Inspiration Days by Sens.ùs just ended. Barcelona was the venue for the launch of Groove, the new A/W 19/20 collection. Watch the video of the show: